His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life. 2 Peter 1:3 NIV If God has provided everything we need for a godly life, why is it that some Christians never seem to grow? They never seem to have much joy or make any progress. Peter...
If you come to the Bible as a critic, the Bible will be a closed book to you. Your heart will be as hard at the end as it was at the beginning.
If you are going to move beyond hardness of heart, you have to humble yourself before God and open his Word with an honest recognition of your true position before him:
- “God, I don’t even know you, so I need you to make yourself known to me through your Word.”
- “Lord, the truth is not in me – I need you to teach me through your Word.”
- “Lord, I do not have faith – I need you to give me faith through your Word.”
- “Lord, the inclination of my heart is to turn from you – create a new desire in me through your Word.”
- Lord, I do not have your love in my heart. Show me the love of Christ, and pour out that love into my heart by your Holy Spirit.”
- “Lord, I have been seeking the wrong kind of glory, so create within me a new heart that seeks the glory that comes from you alone.”
- “Lord, I have put my hope in all the wrong places, lead me to a hope that will not be put to shame.”
Face the truth about yourself. Find the truth about Jesus. The Savior says these things so that you may be saved.
Taken from Pastor Colin’s sermon “He Wants You to Be Saved.”