Unlocking the Bible challenges listeners to believe that their lives can be transformed by ‘The Power of the Open Book’ through consistent study of the Bible and a deepening faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The ministry grew from a two-year journey of preaching and reading through the Bible, shared by the congregation of The Orchard Evangelical Free Church in 2000 and 2001. Colin Smith, Senior Pastor at The Orchard, served as the preaching pastor throughout these two intentional years of reading through Scripture.
The journey led to the publication of a series of four books entitled Unlocking the Bible Story, followed by Ten Keys for Unlocking the Bible, Unlock the Bible in 30 Days, Ten Keys to Unlock the Christian Life, and The Ten Greatest Struggles of Your Life.
The 25-minute Daily Broadcast was launched in 1999 and has seen steady growth throughout the years. Currently the radio program reaches more than 100,000 listeners. In addition, through the use of podcasts, mobile apps, and social media, the ministry reaches hundreds of thousands of people around the world with its gospel-centered content.
Since Unlocking the Bible was founded in 1999, our mission has been the same—to put the gospel within people’s grasp by delivering impactful Bible teaching through a broad array of modern media. The media will change in years to come, but the focus on the gospel will always remain.
More specifically, we work each day to do the following:
- Edify the Believer by providing biblically-sound edification and shepherding for believers everywhere
- Transform the Lost by pointing nominal believers to life-transforming faith in Christ by drawing them to God’s Word
- Strengthen the Isolated by providing consistent teaching and encouragement to those who do not or cannot attend a local church
- Build the Church by driving people to a local church where their Christian growth can be nourished more fully
- Nourish the Body by providing local churches with impactful, biblical content to help them edify, transform, strengthen and build up their congregation in Christ