Growing up, I played competitive tennis, golf, soccer, and football. I was good at many of these sports, but I was only great at one: golf, which I picked up at the age of thirteen and continue to enjoy playing at a high-level today. Throughout high school, I felt drawn...
A good question in Bible study helps uncover riches in the text that we may not see. This is true for observation, interpretation, and application stages of Bible study.
The following questions¹ will help you apply a passage of Scripture to your life and rely on God for transformation. It may help you to print off the list and tape it inside your Bible (download it below!).
15 Questions to Apply Scripture to Your Life
1. What does this say about God?
2. What does this say about the human condition?
3. What does this say about God’s provision in Christ for the human condition?
4. What response does God want from me?
5. What response does God want from the church?
6. What does it look like for me to believe and obey this Scripture in a genuine, non-superficial way?
7. How can I obey this passage externally but not internally?
8. Is there anything I need to confess?
9. Is there any sin from which I need to repent?
10. How do I need help in believing or heeding this Scripture?
11. What can I be thankful for because of this passage?
12. How can I praise God because of this passage?
13. How can I encourage myself with this passage today?
14. How might I encourage others with this passage today?
15. How does this passage deepen my longing for the return of Christ and the joys of heaven?
A Transformed Life
As you engage these questions, bring your responses to God in prayer, asking for deeper faith and an obedient heart. Faithfully seeking transformation from God’s Word will plant you firmly in truth and lead to great joy and satisfaction in Christ (Psalm 1:3; Psalm 119).